Welcome to Cortex R&D Website.
Need high-precision probing for your electronic circuit?
We’ve just completed the design of a new kit to do just that
It can handle the tiniest IC’s on the market, thanks to the extremely sharp needles.
The 10-piece kit is sold for $60CAD+shipping.
See my ebay listing: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/High-Precision-Needle-PCB-Probing-System-Quick-Magnetic-Holders-Low-Profile/263447821265
Two different type of holders are provided, to be used in combination to maintain the PCB pinned down and steady. The pawn-style holder has a fine thread screw that allows the knob to be adjusted to the desired height. It can pinch the PCB or wedge it as desired.
- The boom has two axis of micrometric adjustments: up-down and left-right
- The boom also has a vertial swivel from its base for “coarse” adjustment of needle height
- Two different lengths of booms. Kit includes two of each
- Super low profile PCB holders at 5mm from base plate, for maximum ergonomy when using a soldering iron or other tools
- Tin coated copper wire 18 gauge allows a stable yet flexible positioning
- Copper wire allows bending and tilting of probes sideways to reach extremely tights spots, even on two adjacent 0.5mm IC pins
- Can also be used to inject low power signals
- Magnetic base on all parts and anti-slip rubber for perfect stability
- Can hold virtually any size PCB
- Compatible with classic rotating PCB vises
- Easy to sharpen the needle’s point with a fine sandpaper
- Designed for super fast setup time
- Each component is 3D printed from robust PETG plastic
- Four 2-axis micrometric booms, 2 long and 2 short
- Four pawn-style PCB holders
- Two corner-style PCB holders
- You may need a T7 Torx screwdriver to adjust friction of boom
- If you want to tighten the copper wire, a T5 Torx is required
- If you don’t have small Torx, a small jeweler’s flat heat screwdriver will work
- Steel plates shown in photos are NOT included
Leverage the full potential of your 4 channel scope daily !